The enemy is attacking the integrity of the Word of God, and it is causing many to go astray. The Bible teaches us in 2 Timothy 4:3-4, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.“ It is imperative during these last days that we know the truth about eternal life, and that we share these eternal truths with those around us. Let’s look at 9 basic, biblical truths concerning eternal life with Jesus in Heaven.
- God provided the way for us to have eternal life. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.“ John 3:16.
- There is only one way to salvation, eternal life with the Father, “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.“ John 14:6.
- It is by God’s grace, not our good works that we enter into Heaven. “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.“ Ephesians 2:8-9.
- To enter into God’s kingdom you must do this, “Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3.
- This is how to have eternal life in Heaven with the Father, “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.“ Romans 10:9-10.
- You must forgive to be forgiven. “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14-15.
- Unrighteous behaviors that are not repented of will deny you entrance into Heaven. “Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.“ Revelation 22:15.
- Make sure God knows you. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’“ Matthew 7:21-23.
- Your name must be recorded, written in the Book of Life. “Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.“ Revelation 20:11-15.
© 2017 Author Becky Dvorak–Healing and Miracles International, All rights reserved.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.